Saturday, 31 January 2009

Animal Collective: "My Girls"



Ever since Pitchfork posted a phenomenal review of their latest album Merriweather Post Pavilion, almost 90% of the music bloggers out there have been raving non-stop about Baltimore's Animal Collective and their 'electro' pop songs. Some critics have even gone as far as to say that this is 2009's best album. Is that too premature to say? Admittedly, I have neither heard the quartet's music before, nor have I had a chance to review the entire album yet. But based on the strength of the album's lead single "My Girls", I have to say they aren't really my cup of tea. It's an acquired taste, I suppose -- either you love it or you don't. If a mishmash of synths, keyboards, spacey sounds and vocals is right up your alley, you should enjoy this. In the meantime, I guess I will have more fun watching the psychedelic video for this song.

Download:
Animal Collective - My Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...