Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Daily Randomness

A look at some recent and upcoming releases:


Virgin Records finally released the artwork and tracklist for Laura Marling's new album, A Creature I Don't Know. The album is due September 12, so in the interim, do yourself a favour and watch the lovely teaser if you haven't.

Tracklist
1. The Muse
2. I Was Just A Card
3. Don't Ask Me Why
4. Salinas
5. The Beast
6. Night After Night
7. My Friends
8. Rest In The Bed
9. Sophia
10. All My Rage

The album is the follow up to 2010's I Speak Because I Can.



Blonde Redhead offers a collection of remixes of tracks taken from their last album, Penny Sparkle. They will kick off their European tour in August.





Los Angeles-based band Snow & Voices take on The Cure's "Disintegration".

The band covered Red House Painters' "Mistress" in their third album, Anything That Moves (read my review of the album), and the recording inspired many conversations between Lauri Kranz and Jebin Bruni about the different ways a song could be interpreted or reinterpreted. The duo decided to record a series of cover songs and release them one at a time. "Disintegration" is the second installment in their covers project, with the first being Tir Na Nog's "So Freely" (released fall 2010).

Download:
Snow & Voices - Disintegration [MP3]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...