Friday, 15 July 2011

Rilo Kiley's Breakin' Up

Anyone who thought that Rilo Kiley might be on hiatus can give up hope: The band is splitting up for good.

In an interview with Spinner, a surly Blake Sennett says:
I just felt like there was a lot of deception, disloyalty, greed and things I don't really want to submit myself to. I had related that frustration to music but I just thought, 'I'm not going to put myself in that position again,' so I said, 'Fuck that, I can't do this anymore.'
With the split, Sennett also adds that there might be a possibility of putting out some unreleased Rilo Kiley songs:
I think we're going to try and release a two-disc set of 40 songs, or something. I think that can be more considered like our last release, to me. But I don't know.
P.S. I suppose I will miss the band, for sentimental reasons. More Adventurous was one of the first few records that I listened to when I was moving away from sugary, manufactured pop songs. Even after 7 long years, "Portions For Foxes" still sounds superbly fresh to me.



Download:
Rilo Kiley - Science Vs. Romance [buy Take Offs & Landings]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...